Today's steadily growing environmental protection energy conservation trends are creating rapidly increasing demand for low-power household devices, and energy-efficient public transportation signals and lighting, LCD TVs, and personal computers. In parallel with this trend, there has been a surge in development of electronic product production equipment. The most indispensable steps in the solar cell production process include pick-and-place; high-speed movement, accurate positioning, and attachment of insertion elements; these processes all require motion control mechanisms. However, companies often encounter great difficulties when they attempt to measure the minute dislocations of high-precision parts and inspect for defective soldering points. The key to enhancing the efficiency of these inspection processes is the use of high-speed multi-axis motion control systems in conjunction with machine vision.
The system employs pick-and-place technology to place solar cells on a conveyor device that uses a belt to move the cells. After sensors inspect the cells, they are placed either in a prepared device or a carrying box. As the efficiency of capacity utilization and production processes improves, and manufacturers demand increasingly rapid inspection and higher resolution imaging, the development of systems providing high operating performance and optimal spatial arrangement have become leading goals for manufacturers. Accordingly, this solution responds to the following customer needs:
- High performance operation can provide even faster motion control and more accurate image processing.
- Compact systems allow customers to use their equipment space even more effectively.
- An expanded backplane supports different interfaces.
The PCE-5126QG2 has an Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor, which is currently Intel® newest quad-core processor. It can support up to 8G DDR3 1333 memory, and can provide the fastest operating performance of any system in the mainstream market. Hard drives storing inspection data can use the newest SATA3 interface, which can double data transmission speed. The system supports two network interfaces and dual displays, providing a complete, all-in-one platform. Equipped with a PCI-1202U AMONet communication control card providing a 20MHZ data transmission rate (can update 1024 digital quantity I/O channels in 1.04 ms or manage up to 256 control devices), the system enables real-time control of pick-and-place mechanisms. The industrial cases consist of the IPC-6025 small-form-factor, 5-slot chassis, which allows equipment space to be used and arranged in the most effective manner. It uses AMONet communications and Advantech's AMAX-2752SY/ 2754SY/ 2756 SY digital control module to transmit I/O control signals from equipment to the control end for analysis and control operations. Each AMAX product serves as a control intermediary between equipment and the main controller; the controller can transmit all production information in real-time, and cansimultaneously accept precision control needs from the operation control center in order to adjust status of the entire line in order to satisfy customer needs.
Employing Advantech's new-generation, Intel® Core™ i-series compact IPC, this system provides even higher operating performance and uses space more efficiently. In conjunction with the AMONet module, different operating procedures can be applied to multiple validity zones. The entire system boosts production inspection efficiency and reduces the error rate, effectively cutting production and maintenance costs. Factory personnel can conveniently implement production changes and updates. Advantech's solution offers the following advantages:
- Can be applied to high-precision equipment such as photovoltaic and LCD automatic production systems.
- High operating performance, compact layout.
- Integrates Advantech's SUSIAccess remote monitoring and management software, which enables central control and remote operation.
- Full-sized card system speeds spare replacement time, improves equipment assembly performance.
| || |
- Compact industrial chassis, supports standard PICMG 1.3 slot SBC
- Equipped with four expansion slots and a vibration-proof optical drive bracket
- Can support one 5.25" and one 3.5" HDD and intelligent system LED indicator lights, monitors temperature, voltage, fan, and normal hard drives operation
- Audio warning module can emit alarm beeps; monitors entire system operation
- Designed with hand-turned screws for dramatically lower customer system assembly time
| || |
- PICMG 1.3 full-size single board computer, supports Intel® 2nd generation Core™ i processor
- Supports a maximum of 8GB DDR3-1333 memory
- Has dual network interfaces and supports two displays
- Supports multi-PCI/PCI Express backplanes
- High CPU and I/O performance